To sin by silence when they should protest makes cowards of men -- Abraham Lincoln
The Golden Whistle List: Good News about Whistleblowers
- 1/12/2010, Whistleblower law strengthened in Sullivan County (Mid-Hudson News Network) “There are a lot of protections afforded in the statute as it stands,
but this is nice just to send a message to your employees that they can
come forward and they don’t have to worry about any sense of
retaliation,” he said.
- 1/10/2010, Join the lonely-heart whistleblowers' club, (The Daily Nation) "I HAVE RECENTLY BEEN THINKING of starting a Whistleblowers Club, sort
of like Alcoholics Anonymous, complete with a 12-step recovery
programme." This article tells of the obstacles facing whistleblowers worldwide and includes inspiring words.
- 12/18/2009, Pfizer whistleblower wins 2009 honor for business ethics, TheDay, "An ethics think tank has named John Kopchinski, a Pfizer Inc.
whistleblower, as 2009's most influential person in business ethics."
- 12/09/2009, Roxane to pay state $8.5M in whistleblower case, South Florida Business Journal, "By inflating prices, Roxane allegedly causes the state’s Medicaid
program to overpay millions of dollars in pharmacy reimbursements."
- 11/27/2009, Wikileaks website offers promising outlet for fighting corruption,
DW-World DE, "Top secret and restricted access: Government officials
have long found ways to conceal documents that might incriminate them.
With the Internet platform Wikileaks, insiders can now bring such
documents to the public."
- 11/17/2009, House GOP arrests lead to proposed ethical reforms, Post-Gazette, "Mr. Smith also is proposing an ethical code of conduct for government
employees and contractors, a ban on awarding contracts to campaign
contributors, audits of the General Assembly and whistleblower
protections for employees who alert authorities to legal and ethical
- 11/10/2009, Broward School Board settles with whistleblower, Sun Sentinel,
"The Broward School Board approved a settlement Tuesday with a former
building inspector who said she was fired in retaliation for sounding
alarms about building code violations on school construction projects."